Kevie, Dave (aka thelovebug) and Andrew (aka mcnalu) begin their New Year detox and fitness regime by talking about beer and pipes before going through their regular distrowatch work-out which includes a brief furrowing of brows over the Spectre and Meltdown security vulnerabilities.
Next our intrepid trio review:
- PureOS – A free software respecting GNU/Linux distro (vaguely related to detox via its name)
- Speedmeter – A simple app that tells you information about your movements (featuring a mini-rant by Andrew about Sith Lords tampering which machines at his gym)
Creative commons music played in this episode:
- Barefoot McCoy – American Lady
- Faderhill – Better Days
- I.D.F.X – Lai-Di-Lai
- Solar Cycle – Never Let Me Down
Other links mentioned:
- TechRepublic: 10 new VM escape vulnerabilities discovered in VirtualBox
- IT Security Alerts – Telegram Channel
Feedback is very welcome. Either comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.